Friday, June 1, 2012

Music Doesn't Lie - Part 7 (Grenade)

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world,
then it can only happen through music." – Jimi Hendrix

I fully admit that, when I posted the viral marriage proposal video (The Ultimate Proposal) earlier this week, I didn't know squat about Bruno Mars except his name. I became very intrigued to learn more, because the song in the video "Marry You" is great. Consequently, I checked him out and boy, am I glad I did. What a talented performer! It's hard to believe he's only 26 - I have t-shirts older than he is. His Grammy nominated debut album Doo Wops and Hooligans (2010) is superb! It's mixture of pop, pop rock, R&B, reggae and fusion, so it has a little bit of something for everyone. If you're looking to get up a dance, listen to "Runaway Baby." You'll be grabbing your boogie shoes in no time! If you're more of a "lay-in-a-hammock-and-listen-to-some-reggae" person, you might want to check out "The Lazy Song" (fantastic video!).  I'd say if you want to propose to your girlfriend, use "Marry You" but it's been done already and brilliantly so. I seriously love this album. I can't say that I have a favorite as they're all amazing songs.  Therefore, I've decided to post the one that moved me the most: "Grenade."  Most likely, everyone has felt like this at one time or another. Enjoy.


"Grenade"

Easy come, easy go
That's just how you live, oh
Take, take, take it all
But you never give
Should've known you was trouble
From the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open?

[Pre-Chorus:]
Gave you all I had
And you tossed it in the trash
You tossed it in the trash, you did
To give me all your love
Is all I ever asked
Cause what you don't understand
Is

[Chorus:]
I'd catch a grenade for you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Throw my hand on a blade for you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I'd jump in front of a train for you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
You know I'd do anything for you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes, I would die for you, baby
But you won't do the same

No, no, no, no

Black, black, black and blue
Beat me 'til I'm numb
Tell the devil I said "Hey" when you get back to where you're from
Mad woman, bad woman
That's just what you are
Yeah, you smile in my face then rip the brakes out my car

[Pre-Chorus:]
[Chorus:]

[Bridge:]
If my body was on fire
You would watch me burn down in flames
You said you loved me, you're a liar
Cause you never ever ever did, baby

[Chorus:]

No, you won't do the same
You wouldn't do the same
Ooh, you'd never do the same
Oh, no no no


2 comments:

Stacie said...

♥! Check out his awesome tribute performance to Amy Winehouse at the VMA's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdRzAulUQFY&feature=related

Sandi said...

Such an amazing talent. Thanks for sharing, Stace-a-lah!