Thursday, June 28, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 15 - High School

Today's posting: High School.  I fully admit that I have many, many fond memories of high school. It's been nearly 30 years since I graduated from my high school, St. Thomas Aquinas in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and I still keep in touch with almost all of my bestest friends from those 4 wonderful years. While I'm sure there were many days of teenage angst, I don't remember those nearly as well as I remember all the good times at STA. Such happy memories of football games, pep rallies, homecomings, fantastic and inspiring teachers, incredible learning experiences, and all the rest of it. Was I the popular cheerleader?  No.  Was I the outcast?  No.  I was more of the middle of the road kind of gal, which is pretty much the way my life has always been. But I think the top reason I enjoyed high school so much is that it was a time of innocence, learning, great friendships, and laughter. Really, is there anything better than that??  Well, maybe, there is but those 4 years will always hold a special place in my heart.

But I will say the following:  I don't have a desire to go back and repeat high school.  While I loved my time there, that was then and this is now.


What's next?  Day 16 - 3 Best Friends


No comments: