Tuesday, June 19, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 6 - Summer

Day 6 of the Writing Challenge is "Summer."  Darn it!  So unfair.  I feel like I've already written about one of my best summers in my Music Doesn't Lie series (Blinded by the Light).

Funny enough, tomorrow is the first official day of summer. Strange how that happened. Okay, I suppose I enjoy summer as much as the next person, although it is not my favorite season. That privilege goes to autumn. For me, summer means longer days, more outdoor activities, ice cream, baseball, picnics, backyard barbecues, more time spent with friends, bike rides, fresh garden vegetables, and vacations. I'm sure many people would list the beach, but I'm not a beach person. Oddly enough though, when I think of summer, I think of Surfin' USA by The Beach Boys. The playing of this song makes it officially the summer season!
 


Coming up: Day 7 - A day in the life of a five-dollar bill

No comments: