Saturday, June 30, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 17 - My Crush

Today's task is to "write about your crush." For subjects such as these, song lyrics generally provide the best commentary. In my case, this posting can be summed up with "Not a Day Goes By" from Stephen Sondheim's musical, Merrily We Roll Along.
Not a day goes by,
Not a single day
But you're somewhere a part of my life
And it looks like you'll stay.
As the days go by,
I keep thinking, "When does it end?
Where's the day I'll have started forgetting?"
But I just go on
Thinking and sweating
And cursing and crying
And turning and reaching
And waking and dying

And no,
Not a day goes by,
Not a blessed day.
But you're still somewhere part of my life
And you won't go away.
So there's hell to pay.
And until I die
I'll die day after day
After day after day
After day after day
After day
Till the days go by
Till the days go by
Till the days go by.
'Nuff said. If you want to hear this amazing song, check out this video of the incomparable Bernadette Peters.  I can't get through this video without crying no matter how many times I watch it.  Perhaps I need to not watch it.


Next up:  Day 18 - Writing

2 comments:

Steve R. said...

I think you chickened out on the Crush assignment.

Sandi said...

Yes, that would be a correct assessment of this assignment. Thanks for noting it, Steve. :-)