Friday, June 22, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 9 - Fertility

Seriously? I have to write about fertility today!! Oh jeez, I can't think of a subject of which I have very little interest or knowledge! I certainly have no problem with people using science for procreation, therefore the only comment I have about fertility is that people really should learn to use it wisely. A woman who can barely keep a house over her head, should not have 14 children. Yes, I'm referring to Octomom, who cannot support her children and is on public assistance which means that you and I are paying to support her 14 children. Basically, you shouldn't have more children than you can afford and can give the necessary love and care to. Which for most people is somewhere between 1 and 4 children, unless you are Brad Pitt and Angelia Jolie. I fully recognize that if my parents had stopped at 4, I wouldn't be here, but I stand by my statement that it's almost impossible for kids to get the necessary love and attention from their parents if they're breeding like rabbits, let alone the cost. But as we all know, some people are stupid, ignorant and narcissistic and will continue to 'pump out a unit' (in the immortal words of George Carlin) every year.  

Next: Day 10 - Internet Love

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I have sucked at this challenge.

Sandi said...

LOL!!! You need to start again then.