Friday, June 15, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 2 - Roses

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Not all poems rhyme
And this is one of them.
             - Unknown

Sorry, but I had to post that lame but slightly amusing poem! Ready for Day 2 - Roses?? I personally am not a fan of the rose. Yes, they're a somewhat pretty flower, bbbbbuuuttt... I think they're way over-priced, they die entirely too quickly after cutting, and I have never liked their smell. The odor just overwhelms the senses. Therefore, while I have planted a small rosebush in my side yard, and if it blossoms, great.  If not, whatev. That's the sum total of my interest in roses. Ergo if someone wanted to surprise me with flowers, they would do well giving wildflowers, tiger lilies, tulips, sunflowers, daisies, carnations, or pretty much any flower other than the rose.

Although I do like the song, "The Rose," so here's some classic Bette Midler!  I do adore her!!


Next up: Day 3 -The Holidays

No comments: