Sunday, June 17, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 4 - My Bucket List

Today's challenge is "What do you sense you're supposed to do before your life is over?" Similar to yesterday's task, I'm not entirely sure the meaning of this query. Do they mean "my purpose in life" or "my bucket list?" I've decided to go with bucket list because I honestly don't think I actually have a purpose in life. <shrugs> Besides, creating a bucket list is much more fun to contemplate and write about. 20 years ago, I created a  very different bucket list and some items I have been lucky enough to check off, for example - I've gone skydiving, rode on the back of a motorcycle, and been in a television show.  A reality television show in Japan counts!! I've taken off a couple of others due to the improbability of them ever happening, such as being in a Broadway musical/play or meeting Kenneth Branagh.  Time to create a new list.  Here it is - in no particular order:
  1. Get a Masters degree
  2. Get a PhD degree
  3. Drive a Formula 1 race car
  4. Go on an African safari
  5. Visit Victoria Falls
  6. Take a 'technology fast' for one week (doubtful I'll actually be able to do this)
  7. Ride a tandem bike
  8. Attend Space Camp
  9. Go zip-lining
  10. Visit the Great Pyramid of Giza
  11. Own a golden retriever
  12. Swim with dolphins
  13. Sleep under the stars
  14. Kiss in the rain (this is never going to happen, but I can dream, can't I?)
  15. Hike Machu Picchu
  16. Learn to speak a foreign language fluently
  17. Live in England
  18. Purchase and restore a 1966 Ford Mustang
  19. Drive from Seattle, Washington to San Diego, California in a convertible
  20. Go hang gliding
There are a bunch more, but I'll start small with a list of 20. I need to start making a sincere effort to check off some of these items as a few have been around for a long, long time. Everyone should have a bucket list.  What's on yours??

What's next?  Day 5 - Keep Only 5 Things



2 comments:

Terri said...

Oh come on! Kissing in the rain? You've never done that. And if you haven't, then I'm sure you'll get a chance sometime in your life. And I'm ready to go zip lining and/or hang gliding with you.

Sandi said...

Hey, T. Ummmmmmmmm. Nope, never have and pretty much guaranteed, never will. Yay, I've got someone willing to go with me. We'll talk.