Thursday, June 7, 2012

Music Doesn't Lie - Part 12 (Baby Come Home)

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world,
then it can only happen through music." – Jimi Hendrix

I'm seriously starting to think that I've been living under a rock (musically) for the past decade or so. I keep coming across all these new and fantastic artists that I have never heard of before. Obviously they are 'new' to me, not to the world. Just to recap: first there was Bruno Mars, then Gotye, Fun., the Basics, and now, it's Scissor Sisters! I was watching The Graham Norton Show the other day and Scissor Sisters performed toward the end of the show and I was rockin' to their song, "Baby Come Home," which is from their newly released album Magic Hour. Formed in 2001 in New York City, Scissor Sisters have "incorporated diverse and innovative styles in their music, but tend to sway towards pop rock, glam rock, nu-disco, and electroclash."  They have such a great sound that is completely a throwback to the '70s disco era, but better.  Much better!! I am in the process of purchasing all their albums of which they have released four in total: Scissor Sisters (2004), Ta-Dah (2006), Night Work (2010) and Magic Hour (2012). Bono has called them “the best pop group in the world."  Quite a testament!

You must check out their website! It features the funniest, cheesiest 'As Seen on TV' infomercial for their new album. Very creative. They have a ton of great songs. Just to name a few: "Only the Horses,"Any Which Way," "Kiss You Off," and "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'." I'm posting the song that started my love affair - the one they sang on Graham's show, "Baby Come Home" (click this link ← to see their performance and the follow up chat on Graham's show, otherwise the official video is below). Put your dancin' shoes on first though!  Lyrics can be found here.


No comments: