Thursday, June 14, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 1 - Ten People

The first task for the 30 Day Writing Challenge is quite possibly one of the harder ones! The task is: "Pick ten people you know and write a one-sentence description for each of them." Ten people?!?! What the...?? Okay, okay. Just suck it up, Sandi, and come up with ten people. As I'm trying to keep a positive spin in my life, I've decided to list ten of my friends, as opposed to perhaps listing a few of the douche bags that have blown through my life. I think karma will eventually get to them without my pointing out their flaws.

Here we go with my list of 10 people ... and these names are listed in no particular order:

1. Sheryl is a brilliant, hysterically funny, wicked, attractive, incredibly supportive friend and, sad to say, an attorney, but one of the many attorneys in which I have much respect.
2. Christy, another respected attorney friend, is an unbelievably warm, kindhearted, smart, adorable, accomplished woman and it is thanks to her that I now live in the most amazing town.
3. Steve is a talented, funny, sexy, smart creative writer, critic and brilliant English professor, who was the first professor to really make me think about and analyze literature correctly. 
4, 5 and 6. Raina, Yolanda and Franka are three sassy, hot, astute and hilarious heroines that I befriended during my recent college years and they are the reason I got through college with so much laughter, love and friendship, all done without us killing a bunch of stupid people - Vaya con Dios! (I had to group them together because it would be like splitting up the Three Musketeers - can't be done.)
7. Stacie is an extraordinarily talented actor/singer who is a smart, funny, drop dead gorgeous woman to boot - she is the complete package, who is going to be the next big star in Hollywood.
8. Warren is a consummate stage actor and acting coach and one of the hardest working, most dedicated actors to ever grace the stage and deserves to be starring in a Broadway production.
9. Steven is an über-talented vocal coach, music director, singer and all round great guy and brainiac.
10. Mark is hands down one of my favorite people in this entire world due to him being the funniest, most intelligent, and highly accomplished Renaissance man that I know - not to mention that he's also incredibly good looking!

You'll notice a theme throughout this listing - smart, talented, funny people. I prefer to surround myself with people with those attributes because "like speaks to like" (not to pat myself on the back or anything).  Life is more interesting and fun by having such friends.

Next up: Day 2 - Roses

11 comments:

Christy said...

awww, thanks Sandi!

Franka said...

Thank you my darling...Vaya con Dios!!!

Yolanda said...

If we are the Three Musketeers, you must be D'Artagnan...

Raina said...

Oh stop being so literary Yolanda! And thanks Sandi that's so sweet.

Yolanda said...

Lol. I loved it!

Stacie said...

I ♥ you so much!

Sandi said...

I love my ladies!!! You guys are the best and just glad I could put it in writing for perpetuity!

Steve R. said...

I'd like to congratulate the lesser friends, numbers 4-10. Nice try, guys!

Sandi said...

LMAO!!! I heart you, Steve!

Warren said...

I love making the list...unless it's another Warren. In which case...I hate you and that other Warren. XXXXX

Sandi said...

There are no other Warrens. They broke the mold after creating you. ♥ you!