Tuesday, July 3, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 20 - Clueless

Today's topic is Clueless, which is kind of a weird topic to write about. The first thought that popped into my head was the Alicia Silverstone movie, which I, quite frankly, have never seen. But that's honestly the first connection I made to the topic at hand. Did anyone think of something other than that movie?? For giggles, I Googled the word and the first 7 search results were about the movie.

And the 8th search result was a comparison of the movie to Jane Austen's Emma, which I'm guessing the movie is loosely based on. Without even watching the movie, I am certain that it does NOT equal in quality to Emma. I would place a huge bet on that statement being accurate! But I am an Austen snob, so...

As I said, my first thought was the movie, but the second thought was about the 22 year old pishers who current surround me. They're pretty clueless. For instance, there are a number of female corps members who, when told to dress professionally, have decided that wearing skirts so short that if they bent over, you'd see everything they have to offer and/or wearing low plunging necklines in which their boobs are hanging out is professional. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, these are the recent college graduates who decided to go into teaching. They apparently do not realize that they are dressing completely inappropriately and as unprofessional as you can get (unless your profession is the oldest one). And that they are teaching teenage boys! Clueless! 

Next up:  Day 21 - Pillow Talk

No comments: