Monday, July 21, 2014

2nd 30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 8 - My Struggle

One week done, second week starting - Day 8: "Share something you struggle with."

Oh easy - Math! HA! Just kidding. I mean I really hate math, but I don't actually struggle with it.

I suppose like most people, I struggle with lots of different things, but probably the hardest thing for me is trusting. I can count on one hand the people that I can trust (with a couple of fingers left over). But my trust issues extend much further than just people, although that's the biggest issue. Here are a few other things I don't trust: life (two cancer battles and other woes), the Earth (sinkholes, volcanoes, earthquakes), the weather (hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards), the news (Fox especially), corporations (greedy a-holes), subway grates (ruining shoes, blowing nasty air up, safety?), the government....well, that one is justified for all of us. I'm not even certain I can trust my cat. She'll eat my face off when I croak.

The problem with having trust issues is that these concerns lead to a whole host of other problems. But it's hard to trust when you've been burned as much as I've been in life. Therefore, I have learned to accept that I cannot trust anything. Eh, there isn't anything I can do about this problem. 

By the way, BuzzFeed has a list of 21 things you should never trust. Check it out! Funny stuff!

Tomorrow: Day 9 - Post some words of wisdom that speak to you.

7 comments:

Marianne said...

It is really hard to trust. I pretty much just trust myself, that's all you need.

What I am struggling with:
I am struggling with retirement planning. Ugh! It seems as though retirement is just around the corner and I really want to be prepared for it. However, that means sacrificing now. My biggest fear is that I will save only to be dead before I can enjoy it. I am trying to strike that balance but I fear that it still won't be enough. Sure would be nice to win the lottery.

Sandi said...

I use to worry about retirement planning and then I got cancer. Seemed not as pertinent. :-)

Marianne said...

For me though that is part of it. I cannot afford to be sick or have Kurt be sick.

Sandi said...

Trust me. I cannot afford this illness even with good medical coverage. Makes me wonder what people without medical coverage do

Agatha said...

I struggle because I worry about trusting myself and that is all I have, so I have no choice but to trust me -- its a vicious circle

Tom said...

Sandi Trust no one. Marianne you will do just fine. Like me, you have plenty of time...about...10 years before you can retire. Oh, sh!t, I got to work on my retirement plan. Thanks for adding one more thing onto my plate. And Agatha you are very trustworthy.

Agatha said...

Its hard to come up with a "plan" and I'm a planner! But I will keep working for at least another 9 yrs and then see what is going on in my life and try to make a decision. Should have the mortgage paid off before then and that will help.