Thursday, July 31, 2014

2nd 30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 18 - 30 Random Facts About Me

Onward to Day 18: "Post 30 facts about yourself".

When I first saw this challenge, I thought to myself "I can't think of a more boring challenge." But, this challenge was far more difficult than I thought it would be. It's remembering to write down "facts" not "opinions".

Okay, here it goes:
  1. I am the servant to a beautiful Manx cat and she is quite demanding and entirely lovely.
  2. I'm the youngest of 5 siblings.
  3. I measure my life in three month increments - never looking further forward than that.
  4. I have never lived without a pet in my home, usually dogs or cats, but have also had fish, birds, hamsters, lizards, and turtles.
  5. I love anything water: rain, ocean, pool, lakes, rivers, puddles, etc.
  6. I love to swim - it's my favorite form of exercise, but I rarely get a chance to swim.
  7. I love the ocean, but I hate the beach. I wish there was a way to get into the ocean without walking through sand.
  8. I can play 9 different musical instruments (guitar, piano, flute, piccolo, recorder, oboe, saxophone, drums, and kazoo) - although I suck at drums.
  9. Donny Osmond was my first celebrity crush. I used to watch The Donny & Marie Show religiously and wished I could oust Marie. (Although I was NEVER a little bit country.) While I no longer crush on Donny, I still love to hear him sing. (Guilty pleasure.)
  10. Crowds make me nervous. People are too unpredictable and I don't feel safe standing among them. Also, being short, I can't see over the crowd.
  11. I quit drinking alcohol on July 9, 2010 after a particularly bad night of drinking on the 8th. I haven't had a drink since. 
  12. I still like to lick the beaters and bowls when baking. 
  13. I love to crochet but don't do it often enough. I have about 4 different projects started that I need to complete.
  14. Years ago, I took ASL classes and was getting pretty fluent until it got to be an expensive hobby. I would like to go back to learning sign language.
  15. I hate anything coffee related, which includes ice cream, tiramisu, and mocha-anything. 
  16. I think sunsets are prettier than sunrises but I love both.
  17. If I could spend the rest of my life traveling, I would do it.
  18. Clowns freak me out! I don't know if I would go so far as to say I have coulrophobia, but I really don't like clowns.
  19. Growing up, I wanted to have the following careers: marine biologist, archaeologist, or surgeon.
  20. In 1984, I purchased my first car which was a 1974 orange Ford Pinto station wagon that cost me $400. I hated that car.
  21. I got my first tattoo at age 39. I now have 6 tattoos and still love each and every one. Thinking of getting a 7th.
  22. I was kicked by a donkey when I was about 4 years old and had nightmares about it for years. My dreams would have the donkey kicking me clear across the road.
  23. I love DIY television shows, blogs, and magazines although I don’t own a house or know how to safely use a power tool.
  24. I have lived in 12 different houses during my lifetime, which averages to a new house every 4 years.
  25. I consistently have a pile of books on my shelves ready for reading, yet I continue to buy new ones to add to the pile.
  26. In college, I majored in music for my Associate's degree, English literature for my Bachelor's degree, and Education for my Master's degree (expected to finish in December this year). I would like to get a Ph.D. focusing on 19th century British novels.
  27. I have never been in a long term relationship. 
  28. I wore braces for 2 years, 3 months and 11 days during my middle school years. Not that I was counting or anything.
  29. I hate the color pink. 
  30. Unlike most women, I barely wear any jewelry.  Usually, when I do wear it, it annoys me and I end removing the items. 
Tomorrow's topic: Day 19 - discuss your first love.  (Blech!)

2 comments:

Paige said...

Love it.

Marianne said...

Wow, I did not know that you played all of those instruments.