Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Music Doesn't Lie - Part 16 (Brave)

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world,
then it can only happen through music.
" – Jimi Hendrix
Josh Groban's latest album, All That Echoes, can be summed up with one word: RESOUNDING! From the dictionary, resounding: resonating, electrifying, rich, thrilling. Released today, Josh's latest album is also perfection; something I fully expected. To date, Josh has released: 6 studio albums and 3 live albums, and has appeared as a guest artist on a dozen or so different albums and not one performance is a disappointment. You have to love someone with that much talent and consistency. As I mentioned in a previous post, Josh Groban is a god! 

I was fortunate enough to get a sneak peek...peek?...sneak hearing?...anyway, I previewed this album last night and it's difficult for me to choose just one song from this collection to herald over another as every song is superb. There's a beautifully moving rendition of "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress".  The album features a duet with Laura Pausini, another Sandi's Lament posting subject, entitled "E Ti Prometterò" (trans. "And I Will Promise You") which is heartbreakingly gorgeous. "Un Alma Mas" (featuring Arturo Sandoval - jazz trumpeter, pianist and composer) is exquisite.  12 songs - 51 minutes of sheer joy!

Yeah, it's difficult for me to choose a favorite. Unfortunately, because this album was just released a few hours ago, he hasn't released any official videos.  But I found a live version that someone posted of "Brave" - the first song from the album.  <sigh>  Oh, Josh, you can sing to me anytime!  If you are a fan of Josh, get this album.  If you're not, well... I feel sorry for you because you are missing out on some amazing music.


No comments: