Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bats in my Belfry? Not Quite...

Kind of a cute little thing!
Tonight, as I got home from Boston, I discovered a cute little tiny bat had managed to make its way into my dwelling.  It was hanging right over the bathroom door. <sigh>  Not exactly something I wanted to deal with at 9:30 at night.  At the suggestion of a couple of people, I tried calling the police, but it's considered a private matter, so they suggested I call a private pest company.  That person was a jerk and blew me off - saying for me to call animal control in the morning. Yeah, like I have time for that! 

Because the little critter was just hanging over the door not moving, I thought about how I could take care of this issue myself.  It turned out to be very simple.  I got a box and covered the little bugger.  I gave the box a little shake and felt the bat move into the box.  I then opened the window that was right next to the bathroom door and quickly swung the box down and tossed the bat out the window.  Voila!  Task complete.

All it took was a little ingenuity and calmness. See, like I said - I only need a man for one thing!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Very resourceful and humane. Good job!

Sandi said...

Yeah, I would have felt guilty if I had to kill the little creature. It's not like it knew it wasn't wanted.