Saturday, February 9, 2013

How Long is Too Long for Holiday Decorations?

This might be the only
acceptable holiday lights!
On my way home from school Thursday night, I started noticing a disturbing trend around my town - Holiday lights are still up and being lit! Consequently, my question is: how long is too long to still have holiday lights and decorations up?  

I believe if President's Day is just around the corner, stop lighting the lights. If you're heading out to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, you are long overdue in taking the lights down. It's borderline demented, if you're planning your 4th of July picnic and still looking at the angel on the top of your tree!

I've written before my loathing of "The Holidays", therefore when people extend the holidays well past reason, it is beyond irritating. I suffer through December and early January looking at lights and decorations, I do not wish to continue looking at them through February, March, April...  Plus it's a complete waste of electricity.  Meh! 

So when do you take your holiday lights down? Or are they still up?

No comments: