Monday, November 11, 2013

Vanity License Plates - Cool or Lame?

I feel sorry for the husband!
How do you feel about vanity plates? Personally, I hate them and think they are pompous and arrogant. Drivers who get these annoying plates are equally pompous and arrogant. My apologies to any friends who have these ridiculous plates, but I truly cannot stand them. There's a teacher where I work who has one and even though I like this person - he is totally arrogant and pompous! Which brings me to a news story I heard the other day, one that makes me shake my head with annoyance:

In 2010, a New Hampshire man, David Montenegro who legally changed his name last year to "human", asked the NH DMV for a vanity license plate that says COPSLIE and the DMV refused to issue the plate. The NH DMV regulations say a vanity plate can be denied if a reasonable person might find it offensive to good taste. human has now taken his case to the NH Supreme Court saying that the decision violates his political free speech rights.

I have so many problems with this story the least being the actual license plate. Can we start with this idiot changing his name to "human"? What a douchebag! Then there's the license plate: COPSLIE. Of course, cops have been known to lie and quite frankly are allowed to misrepresent the facts in order to get a confession. Big deal. Lastly, this guy needs to get a life. Taking this case to the NH Supreme Court is foolish and waste of time and resources. Unsurprising, this guy is currently unemployed and has been arrested twice for attempted jaywalking and protesting police misconduct. Maybe he can find better use of all that free time to help feed the homeless or reading to the elderly, etc. Seriously, dude - GET A LIFE!

But I digress, what do you think:

Are vanity plates lame or cool?

2 comments:

Tom Smith said...

He should get a plate, JACKOFF.

Sandi said...

Oh, so true, Tom!