Friday, November 15, 2013

Trolls Are People Too!

Funny story: Over the past couple of weeks, I've repeated a specific statement to a few friends and all of these friends except one completely misinterpreted what I was saying. I thought I'd share it because I find it rather amusing. In chatting with these various friends, the statement I retold was as follows:

"A 100 year old, one legged troll with a hair lip has a better chance of finding someone who is attracted to him than I do."

Now, I find that sentence to be a rather amusing gross exaggeration of my wretched luck when it comes to romantic relationships. But these friends (minus one) all got the wrong impression. Instead of attributing this statement to my terrible, awful, shitty luck in romance, they thought that I was denigrating my looks. Okay, I am completely realistic about my looks. I know that I will never be the next top model, but I certainly think that I look better than the aforementioned troll. I mean look at this picture that I found - there's no comparison. Between the greenish tinged skin and the purple nose and ears, that is one pretty unattractive troll and yet I'm sure there is a Mrs. Troll somewhere. And good for him - after all, trolls deserve love too!  Don't they?

No, all I'm saying that some people are lucky in love and some are not. There's that old statement: Lucky in cards; unlucky in love. Sadly though, I am equally unlucky at cards so I'm not sure where that actually leaves me. I guess I'm just generally unlucky. Anyhow, I just thought I'd share this funny (at least to me) story.



3 comments:

Tom said...

And here my take away was that you were xenophobic toward trolls.

Sandi said...

Guilty!

Lauren said...

I get what you mean.... For the longest time I believed I was unlucky in love - until I met Nick. I met him a week after moving to London, he just happened to be at a pub I walked into.. I guess, it wasn't about luck. I just wasn't in the right country lol.

To be fair though.... I have been treated like utter donkey poop in the past. Now that I found someone different and who truly loves me and respects me, I can't seem to trust him. The effects of endless bad relationships have left me scarred and doubting everything he does.

But I get what you mean. I sympathize.

Hope you are doing better xxx