Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Music Doesn't Lie - Part 25 (Tuesday)

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world,
then it can only happen through music.
" – Jimi Hendrix

I was just looking through this series of blogs and realized that I have made a HUGE mistake! I have not made any mention to one of my favorite bands: The Bacon Brothers! Yes, as in actor Kevin Bacon - who along with his brother, Michael, started this band in 1995. I became aware of this incredible band when a good friend asked me along to a concert in New York, I believe, in 1996. I was immediately hooked! Thanks, Terry. The Bacon Brothers have given me years of enjoyment.

What type of music do they play? Well, it's a hodge podge of styles.  They named their first album, Forosoco, which is an amalgamation of their style of music: FOlk, ROck, SOul, and COuntry. Not only is Forosoco brilliant, you can add White Knuckles, New Years Day, Getting There, and Can't Complain to the list of amazing albums.

Today, I was listening to one of the 7 Bacon Brothers albums that I have and I just needed to post about what an awesome band these brothers have. Coming up with my favorite song or even my favorite album is a tough call. I love each of the albums and all the songs. I tried to find the song that held the most meaning for me, but again it's a tough call.  Do I highlight "Peace Dance", which always makes me happy every time I hear it? Or how about "Guess Again" or "T.M.I." which are hilarious? (Unfortunately, there aren't any videos posted of these two songs.) "New Year's Day" is another good one - here's a great acoustic version. I guess I'm going to go with the heartbreak song - "Tuesday" (I'm such a sucker for a good heartbreak song):


1 comment:

Tom said...

I've yet to listen to any of their albums. I really have to get with it.