Tuesday, October 1, 2013

True Love Has No Age Limit!

Yesterday morning, I was watching the local news, which reported on a couple who had just recently married near Seattle, WA. What made this story unique? It was the couple:  90-year old Gladys Salley wed 93-year old Andy Nilles. Awwwww. The two lovebirds married at their favorite doughnut shop - Cock-A-Doodle Doughnuts, where they spent a considerable amount of time during their courtship.  

Something about this story has stayed with me for two days. I just think it's one of the nicest stories that I have heard of in a really long time.  According to this news article: "Friends say they knew the two were getting serious when they ditched their walker and cane and began leaning on each other." So adorable. When they return from their honeymoon, Andy will move two floors up to Gladys place because as he said her place is "closer to heaven". I could almost weep or go into diabetic shock at the sweetness of it.

While I know that I will spend whatever time I've got left on this planet all alone, this story makes my romantic heart soar knowing that true love can come whenever you least expect it. I guess it's never too late to find love - even when you're 90 years old.  You go, Gladys and Andy!

3 comments:

Tom Smith said...

A. It is sickening sweet.
B. You don't know you're going to spend the rest of the life some. If I can find someone several times you can too.
3. Did it say where they went on their honeymoon?
D. And did they get "busy"? Don't tell me I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Tom Smith said...

Alone not some. Damn autocorrect.

Sandi said...

A. Agreed - sickening sweet.
B. Yes, I do know because I'm making a conscious choice on being alone.
3. Nope, it didn't say.
D. Eeeuuuwwww. Gross!!