Wednesday, October 23, 2013

No More Settling for Less!

Love Maureen Dowd!!
Why do people consistently settle for less? This question just boggles my mind! People settle into the less than perfect career, the less than perfect relationship, the less than perfect life! Well, I say no more! There's a conclusion I've come to over the past few months of cancer treatment - DO NOT SETTLE FOR LESS!  We all have a finite time on this Earth so why must we be less than happy in our choices? That's the key to this whole discussion - it's our choices that make us who we are.  Obviously, we don't have control over all the events of our lives, but I believe that we do exert much more influence than we think because we have the power of choice.

I have decided that I'm tired of settling for less. Through a recent conversation with a friend, I was reminded that I am an amazing, thoughtful, caring, intelligent person who wants and, quite frankly, deserves more out of her life. I want that relationship to be what I want it to be, not what someone else wants it to be. I want my career to be what I want it to be, not what others believe it should be. My life should be as I want it to be. I deserve no less than perfection in my life - or at least what is my definition of perfection. Therefore, I have come to the following decision: if it's not up to the standards of what I believe I deserve, then I will not have it at all. I'd rather have nothing than settle for less that I want and deserve. Half a relationship is no relationship. A third of a career is a career not worth saving.

I believe that everyone should take this same stance. Will it be easy? Perhaps! I suppose it depends on what you're looking for out of this world. All I know, is that whether I have a year, ten years, or fifty years left on the pretty blue and green planet, I want them to be amazing - so settling is not an option!  
 
Who is with me??

1 comment:

Tom said...

I am goddammit. BTW, my company is being sold in pieces. If the sale doesn't fall apart I may be free. I mean jobless. Can you say severance package!? I knew you could.