Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ugh! Visor Mirrors are Horrible!

This guy clearly doesn't share
my complaint!
Why, why, WHY??? Why would a car manufacturer put a visor mirror on the driver's side without having a cover for it?  I bought a new car a few days ago - after deciding it was time to retire my old Jeep - and the only thing about the new vehicle that truly annoys me is the fact that the driver's side visor has an uncovered mirror on it. Who thought that would be a good idea??  Every time I flip the visor down, I'm stuck looking at my own visage - not something that I enjoy at all. It's a complete distraction!

If anyone has a friend or family member who designs automobiles, would you send my complaint to them??  It is highly annoying!  Ergh! Tell them they must never, ever do that again!

Now if I looked in the mirror and saw Catherine Zeta-Jones or Marilyn Monroe looking back at me, I might feel differently, but I'm not one who spends time looking at my own ugly mug. Blech! I will have to think of some way to cover that mirror.

3 comments:

Kate said...

What automobile manufacturer doesn't have covers over the mirrors in these modern times? Tell me so I can make sure I avoid that model!!

I've seen many inexpensive models without the lights but none without a cover of some sort! As petty as it sounds since I tend to use the mirror almost everyday, I am with you on this and would not be happy if that mirror was exposed just when I needed the sun visor down!

Sandi said...

Ummmm, sorry. I specifically didn't mention the make for personal reasons. I'm sure you understand. One can't be too careful these days. Nice try, though.

Sandi said...

Oh, and "Kate" I might be wrong about this, but I call shenanigans! If I'm wrong, then my apologies, but I don't think so.