Monday, January 7, 2013

Time to Write a Memoir...

I believe that I've just learned a valuable lesson...

watch what you ask your students to do
because they may just turn it back on you!
  

I challenged my English 3 Honors class to write a memoir (a narrative composed from personal experience) as their next writing assignment. While going over the requirements for the assignment, I kept using my own battle with breast cancer as an example which caused most of my students to ask me a ton of questions about it. But I didn't want to get my students off task so I told them that I would tell them about it one day.  Instead, they asked me to write my memoir as they are writing theirs.  <sigh>  Shoot!  How do you say "no" to that request!  Therefore, I will be spending the next week or so writing my memoir. Oh well, it could be worse!

If you were tasked to write your memoir, what would your story be? I think everyone should try to write their memoir.  I say:

2 comments:

Paige said...

love it!

Sandi said...

It's a nice challenge!