Monday, January 14, 2013

Music Doesn't Lie - Part 15 ((I've Had) The Time of My Life")

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world,
then it can only happen through music." – Jimi Hendrix

I know I've been using my Music Doesn't Lie posts to mention (mostly) about new music I've discovered, but tonight on my way home from school, I turned on the radio for a change of pace... Yes, the radio is still a good music option for the car. Who would have thunk it?  As I was flipping through several stations, I heard the beginning strains of "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing and was immediately transported back to 1987! 

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner." 
"I carried a watermelon." 

1987! What a great year! I turned 21 in 1987 - a time when I could (legally) drink and go to nightclubs.  That year (and the next 3 or 4 subsequent years), my friends and I trucked all over the NY-NJ-PA area hitting every cool and not-so-cool nightclub. I can't tell you how many of my clubbing nights were spent dancing to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack ... in addition to every other late '80s and (eventually) early '90s song you can think of (yes, I've done my share of "vogue-ing")!  Therefore, I just had to post "The Time of My Life" - one of my favorite songs from the DD soundtrack. In addition to bringing back some happy memories, I also truly love what the lyrics say. 
 'cause I've had the time of my life
No, I've never felt this way before
Yes, I swear it's the truth
And I owe it all to you.

<sigh>  So sweet! The video is the final dance. I hope you enjoy this little blast from the past. RIP Patrick Swayze and Jerry Orbach! 




No comments: