Friday, November 7, 2014

Greetings from Prague (Day 18 - GToE)

I'm too lazy to look up the Czech greeting, so you'll just have to deal with English. I have arrived in Prague. My day started at 6am this morning, as I had to wake early to catch a 7am bus to Dresden. With the rail strike in Germany, it was the only way to get to Prague. I spent 2.5 hours on a bus to Dresden, where I then caught a train to Prague. I arrived in this fair city at approximately 1:30pm. Along the way, I met some very nice people including a man from the Czech Republic who gave me some advice about Prague.

After arriving, I made my way to my hostel and checked in. I then spent a little time dealing with bank issues (I still have not gotten my debit card from my bank and I am pissed off!!!!). After dealing with that issue, I walked a little bit around the area where I'm staying - walking the Charles Bridge and taking photos of the amazing buildings in this city.

My good friend, Raina is working here in Prague, so we met up for a bit of a wander around town, some dinner, drinks, and laughs. Mostly it was a quiet evening, catching up, and seeing this beautiful city. I will say, so far, I'm very charmed by Prague. Let's see if I feel the same come Monday night when I depart for Vienna.

Catch my Day 18 photos on my GToE photo site. I'm hoping tomorrow perhaps the sun will choose to come out. I haven't seen it for sometime.



3 comments:

Judy said...

Wow you are really making headway. Be safe and enjoy!

Marianne said...

I just love the old world architecture of these European cities!

Sandi said...

Yeah, and Prague is particularly well preserved because it wasn't bombed much during WWII.