Friday, September 7, 2012

Karma for Users

There's been something stuck in my craw for awhile now and I'm hoping if I blog about it, maybe I'll be able to get rid of this annoyance.  My complaint: People who use others for their own selfish purposes and then leave behind the bitter, broken carcasses of their victims to suffer with feelings of anger, disappointment and mistrust.

I suppose everyone uses someone at one time or another.  I personally am using TFA to career change even though I hate them, but I'm not hurting anyone. In fact, I'm helping.  No, what I'm talking about is someone who goes out of their way to use someone and build up their hopes and feelings and then just walk away once their mission is complete - the purposeful cruelty that people perpetrate on others. 

The type of people to whom I refer are those who seem to be able root out another person's vulnerability and then they take that vulnerability and twist it for their own narcissistic objectives. These people leave a wave of destruction behind them and without even a second glance move on with their lives. Additionally, I'm pretty certain that they don't feel any guilt or remorse over their perfidy.  And while that doesn't rank them in the levels of evil to Hitler or Pol Pot, they will fit in quite nicely into Dante's 9th circle of hell. I'd like to think that these type of people get their comeuppance karmically but I somehow suspect that they don't. Of course, I'm never there to find out, so I can only hope that one day karma catches up with them. As for me, I hope that I will never again come across another one of these types of people in my life, but I don't have high hopes.  There are far too many selfish and self-centered people in this world.
Indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have the same issue. I hope mine make it into the 9th circle with yours. :-D