Wednesday, September 19, 2012

JK Rowling Has Ruined My Life!

I know everyone is thinking "how could one of the best modern novelists (IMHO) possibly ruin Sandi's life?"  Well, let me tell you how.  Ms. Rowling created the most fantastical magical world in which so many things are possible.  Flying broomsticks, magic wands, Quidditch, etc.  Therefore, it makes the real world so boring and limited.  For instance, what I really could use right now is Hermione's Time-Turner.

This is a Time-Turner
What's a Time-Turner? For those of you who are unfamiliar with the series - first of all, come out from under a rock and open a book once in awhile (or if you aren't a reader, at least watch the movies).  But I digress. In Year 4 (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban), Hermione receives a Time-Turner from Professor McGonagall.  "The Time-Turner was a device capable of time travel. The Time-Turner resembled an hourglass on a necklace. The number of times one turns the hourglass corresponds to the number of hours one travels back in time. It is extremely important that the user of a Time-Turner not be seen by past or future versions of themselves unless, of course, said versions are aware of their usage of a Time-Turner. A possible scenario is a wizard or witch killing their past or future selves by mistake." (Source: Harry Potter wiki)  Due to my extremely hectic schedule right now, I could use a few extra hours in a day... like an additional 24, but I'd settle for 3 or 4 extra.  But alas, the Time-Turner is merely a figment of a brilliant imagination and I am forced to either lose lots and lots of sleep or not complete everything that needs to be done.  Pooh!  Thanks alot, JK!  

On another note:  I believe that I have really bonded with my students.  Today, I happened to mention that I was suffering from a broken heart and my students suggested that we take a field trip so that they could all have a "chat" with the heart breaker!  Now that's bonding!!  I will say it was probably the funniest quote of the week (so far).  I believe that I'll just start calling that class - "The Enforcers."  Of course, one student during this discussion told me to take myself to a restaurant and my sheer beauty will have scores of men dropping at my feet.  Okay, that student should go into politics.  Talk about BS and lies!  :-)


No comments: