Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A (Mostly) Fully Planned Grand Tour of Europe...

When I decided to go on a Grand Tour of Europe, I had thought that I would only have a vague itinerary and wouldn't plan it very much. The idea was to have the wind blow me wherever it desired, but I neglected to remember something: I am a crazy, organized, anal-retentive freak. I cannot, no matter how much I try, be that carefree. Perhaps it's my German heritage. We all know how precise the Germans can be. 

As of today, I have nearly every step of the trip planned -- not to the minute, but in each desired location, I have a room, train, and air travel fully booked and paid for, plus a few sightseeing tickets. 

So much for being carefree and wild. It's just not in my nature.

Here is the completed itinerary:

Dates
Location
Sightseeing Trip Booked
Oct 21-24
Edinburgh, Scotland

Oct 25-28
London, England
Oct 29-Nov 1
Dublin, Ireland
Nov 2-5
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nov 6
Berlin, Germany

Nov 7-10
Prague, Czech Republic

Nov 11-13
Vienna, Austria

Nov 14-16
Salzburg, Austria
Mozart concert
Nov 17-19
Munich, Germany

Nov 20-24
Paris, France
Day Trips to Mont St. Michel and Versailles
Nov 25-28
Barcelona, Spain
Nov 29-30
Milan, Italy
Dec 1-3
Venice, Italy

Dec 4-6
Florence, Italy
Tour of Pisa, San Gimignano, Siena
Dec 7-9
Rome, Italy

Dec 10-12
Naples, Italy
Tour of Pompeii and Amalfi Coast
Dec 13-14
Istanbul, Turkey

Dec 16-19
Athens, Greece
Walking tour of Athens/Trip to Cape Sounion
Dec 20
Flight home to the USA

 
Current cost: $4,800.

You will notice that I don't have everything planned. Just the big attractions that I didn't want to miss and/or didn't want to wait in a long queue when I got to the attraction. Don't be too jealous and keep checking regularly for posts from Europe starting October 21.

If you want to see how truly crazy and anal-retentive I am, check out my printed calendar!
Received this message in
a fortune cookie today. Hmmmmm....

On a different note, I still need to find a home for my cat, Lotta and I'm freaking out a bit because I leave for Philly in a week and half and must find her a home before I move. <sigh> I know I'm dragging my feet on this a bit because I'm going to miss her ever so much.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Very nice and thorough. No room left for error

Tom A. said...

You are seriously going to need a vacation from your vacation.