Friday, October 17, 2014

Preparing for 2 Months Travel Around Europe...

In 3 days, I am scheduled to fly out of Philadelphia airport in order to spend 60 days backpacking around Europe. Wow! I cannot believe that the time has almost arrived for my departure. I'm in the process of deciding what to take with me, which is far more difficult to finalize than I thought.

There are some "must haves" that I will be packing: 
But the difficult part is what clothing to pack. Naturally, with being away for 2 months, I will need to do laundry, therefore I will not be over packing. But how much is too much or not enough? Here's my wardrobe plan:
  • 2 pairs of yoga pants
  • 3 long sleeve shirts
  • 1 short sleeve shirts
  • 1 skirt
  • 1 cardigan
  • 1 North Face jacket
  • Hat, scarf, and gloves
  • 1 sleep outfit
  • a robe
  • A week's worth of panties and socks
  • 2 bras
  • 1 pair of ballet flats
  • flip flops (for those questionable shower stalls)
This might seem sparse, but I'll be wearing a pair of yoga pants, a short sleeve shirt, a fleece, and comfortable walking shoes on the plane. I think it's a good list. All clothing are in similar colors of black, grey, and blue. Yeah, it'll be a very simple wardrobe for 2 months. I will add some funky scarves into the mix as soon as I can get to a store to purchase some - I accidentally donated all my scarves. It's a good thing I'm not much of a fashionista. I prefer comfort over fashion any day!

Have I missed anything important? Has anyone gone on a similar trip and brought more or less than I have?
My luggage

6 comments:

Janis said...

In my six years of living in hotels for TSA, the most important thing I learned was that I whether my trip six days or six months, I only needed clothes for a week. I think you've got a great list. My only question is, since Europe is going into winter, are you going to be warm enough in yoga pants if you're out and about? Perhaps something additional for your legs, Hot Chillis or similar?

Sandi said...

Good question. They're heavy weight yoga pants, so I'm hoping they'll be fine. But I can also wear some tights underneath if I'm cold, but I can purchase those while in Europe.

Jacqueline said...

Indeed, I can direct you to Uniqlo where you can get some inexpensive Heattech undergear. When you coming again? Want to do high tea...or low booze? :-)

Sandi said...

Nice. I'll certainly take you up on that. I'll be in London from Oct 24-28. I'm flexible on the high tea or the low booze. Both sound amazing. ;-)

Jacqueline said...

Yay! I can't wait to see you! We can even do a boozy high tea - my boyfriend's place has bottomless champagne high teas this month I think! :-)

Sandi said...

Fantastic!!! Sounds like fun. I'm going to pick up a cell phone in Scotland and I'll PM you the phone number when I get it.