Friday, August 26, 2011

The Continuing Tales of Lotta, the Wonder Cat!

"Everything I know I learned from my cat: 
When you're hungry, eat.
When you're tired, nap in a sunbeam.
When you go to the vet's, pee on your owner."
- Gary Smith (no relation)


Lotta takes after me.  She
just loves reading!
As most people are aware: dogs have owners and cats have staff.  I am the chef, housekeeper, groomer, nanny and anything else you can imagine on my cat's staff.  And I will admit, that I just love, love, love my cat!  Now, I am not a 'cat person' per se.  I am an animal lover.  If I could, I would have both a dog and a cat, but Lotta is not one to share her space with any other animal.  She only tolerates my presence because I feed her.  Lotta is a constant source of amusement.  Because I've been home so much over the past few months, I've been observing her a lot and I must say I am jealous of her life.  She's treated like royalty, sleeps a good 20-22 hours a day, chases random shadows for shits and giggles and generally does whatever she wants. 

She still has her obsession with the house I live in.  Yesterday, she once again wanted to explore the rest of my building.  I was in the middle of bringing groceries into the apartment, so she escaped.  I wasn't too concerned because she cannot go very far, but this time she decided to head up to the attic for the first time, where my neighbor, Mary, has her artist's studio.  Lotta's visit scared the beejesus out of Mary because she thought it was the return of a cat that used to visit the house regularly in the past!  See, it is not just my cat who has a fascination with this house.  Despite all the naysayers, I still say her preoccupation with this building is other worldly and that she's on the prowl to find the specter who haunts this building. 

I highly recommend getting a cat for your household and just observe them.  They really are funny, fascinating creatures. 

Is there anything funnier than a cat
attempting to shove her body into a box??


2 comments:

SnarkyTom said...

There's a few things funnier. When they're napping on the top of the couch and rollover in their sleep and fall onto the seat. They spring up with a look on their face as to say, "Hey, what just happened?" Or when Potter was a kittn at play he loved to dart in and out of paper grocery store bags. In this case the bag had a handle. On one of his dashes out, he caught the bag handle around his neck. Imagine a horse in collar and carriage trailing behind him. This is what he looked like, but at full speed gallop. Running through the house trying to escape that damn bag that was chasing him. I only wish I had a video camera.

Sandi said...

That furry nephew of mine is adorable. I can envision that in my head. Hilarious!