Monday, September 23, 2013

Calling All Downton Abbey Fans...Again!

It was a brief year ago today that I wrote my last Downton Abbey review regarding the first episode of Season 3. Tonight, thanks to the largesse of my brother and a little internet magic, I was able to watch the first episode of Season 4. After last year's season finale ending with the death of Matthew Crawley (one of my favorite characters), I was hesitant that the new season might 'jump the shark', but I was wrong. If the first episode is indicative of the rest of the season, Downton Abbey is back and as strong as ever.

The new season begins six months after last season's final episode. Poor Lady Mary is still dealing with the loss of her beloved Matthew, but the rest of the family and the staff are back in action. Yes, I miss the talented and adorable Dan Stevens, but otherwise, this show has not skipped a beat.

It will be a few months before U.S. viewers will be able to watch the new season, but so far it seems like it will be well worth the wait. Hang on, DA fans - it's a mere 3 months away before you, too, can see the new season. 
Ahhh, so sad! Dan Stevens, you are missed!

4 comments:

Tom Smith said...

I'm going to watch it real soon. Maybe tonight.

Paul said...

Still disgruntled about the Matthew thing.

Sandi said...

I am too, but I'm so obsessed with DA that I just cannot stop watching - even with the death of Matthew.

Bonnie said...

DA Season 4 Launch Party: My house!!