Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sarcastic? Who? Me? Nnnnooooo!

Okay, maybe just a bit... or a lot.  I just had to share this story:

Today I was reviewing "irony" with my students.  [For anyone who is unaware, there are 3 forms of irony: verbal, dramatic, and situational.]  During the lesson, I asked my students: "What is verbal irony?"  To which, one of my students responded: "Sarcasm. Everything that Ms. Smith says is sarcastic."  LMAO!  Okay, my students have really gotten to know me over the past 10 weeks! I fully admit that I have raised sarcasm to an art form and it's nice to know that at the very least my students can recognize verbal irony because I model it on a daily basis.   :-)

Okay, okay. Perhaps I might be a little too sarcastic, but what do you expect from a 40-something single, lonely woman who lived for 17 years in New York City and has been burned by life time and time again. Actually, I'm probably not sarcastic enough considering my history.  

Speaking of sarcasm, I will say that I enjoy watching The Big Bang Theory for the copious amounts of sarcasm on that show! Nerds with witty sarcasm - what's better than that! Enjoy the sarcastic stylings of Leonard, Sheldon and Penny!


No comments: