Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Best and Worst Sounds in the World...

As I was heading home from a much needed Starbucks run this afternoon, I heard a toddler screaming at the top of its lungs and it set my hair on end!  I thought to myself, "that just might be the worst sound EVER!" I congratulate any parent who doesn't punch a child when they make that sound.  I guess it's a good thing kids are cute otherwise they wouldn't live through puberty.  :-)  As a result of that thought though, I decided to list the top 5 best and worst sounds for me.  I'm sure people will completely disagree with my list but here goes:

Best 5 Sounds in the World:
  1. Certain types of music (I would blanketly say all music but I can't stand the sound of rap, hip hop, and heavy metal)
  2. Non-American Accents - especially British, Australian, Irish, Italian, and French (in that order).
  3. A thunderstorm/rainstorm
  4. A baby laughing/giggling
  5. The sound of the ocean
Worst 5 Sounds in the World:
  1. A baby/toddler screaming/crying
  2. Someone throwing up
  3. Any scraping sound
  4. Glass breaking
  5. A really high pitched dog bark
I can just imagine: sitting on the porch near the ocean during a rainstorm, listening to my favorite music while chatting with Kenneth Branagh or Hugh Jackman.  Whew! We're talking heaven on earth!  

Of course, a baby crying at a high pitched dog bark while a glass breaks might cause my ears to bleed and head to explode! 

No comments: