Friday, November 16, 2012

Music Doesn't Lie - Part 14 (Boston)

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world,
then it can only happen through music." – Jimi Hendrix

It's been way too long since I posted about any new music or bands I've discovered. Today, I learned about another new (for me) band through a rather unique way - watching a rerun from the first season of The Big Bang Theory. (Yes, BBT is my latest television obsession.)  In the episode, Leonard, pining over next door neighbor Penny, is wallowing in self misery and enters the apartment singing a song that I had never heard before.  It sounded like a great song. So I did a little research and found out the song is called "Boston" by the band, Augustana, an American rock band from San Diego. 

"Boston" is from the band's 2005 album, All the Stars and Boulevards. The album "was released September 6, 2005 and reached #1 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart and #96 on the Billboard Top 200 chart. The first single from the album, 'Boston', was released in 2005...The album was made available exclusively at Best Buy stores, and the Best Buy website, where it was sold out by the following day. Their most recognizable song is 'Boston' which made it all the way to 34 on the Billboard top 100, as well as appearing on television shows Scrubs, Smallville and One Tree Hill. A cover version by Leonard also appeared on The Big Bang Theory." 

The entire album is fantastic and well worth the $10 I plunked down.  Posted below is the official video of "Boston."  Enjoy!

No comments: