Monday, August 6, 2012

Career Change - Round Zero

Today, I started two weeks of what TFA is laughingly calling "professional development" time.  Erm.  Yeah, okay.  Whatever you say.  What is it really?  A complete waste of time, energy and money.  If I go by what the daily schedule is showing, it'll be two more weeks of sitting around and discussing our placements, the achievement gaps in our region, visions and goals for our placements, designing our classroom management plan, and "reflecting" on the visions and goals we're written.  Sound familiar?  Yeah, it's everything I just spent 5 weeks doing in Philadelphia, only now the focus is on our fall placements. Of course, the worse part of these two weeks is that I quite literally cannot do any of the work due to not having a fall placement at the moment. When I made my complaints known to staff, I was told that whatever I came up with could apply to any classroom.  What?!?!  <sigh>  It's going to be a long two weeks.  I suppose I'll pick up something important over these two weeks, but probably not enough to warrant the complete waste of time.  

On the upside, in the week I've been home, I lost 4 of 5 institute pounds I gained.  Now, only 31 more pounds to lose and I'll be at my target weight.  Ugh. 

3 comments:

Jodi said...

That cute Ms. Smith is pretty awesome too!!!!!

Bonnie said...

They're pretty cute?!? YOU'RE pretty cute ♥ ... and look how proud you look. Awwww.

Sandi said...

Thanks, ladies! Very sweet!