Monday, June 16, 2014

What I Won't and Will Miss (Plus My Regrets)

Back in February of this year, I posted a blog entitled Lists, Lists and More Lists, which was all about a new website I had just fallen in love with - Lists of Note, a website dedicated to the lists of the famous. Being a lists person, it's right up my alley. I mentioned that one of my favorite lists came at the hands of Nora Ephron. It was her list of things that she will miss and not miss about life. I mentioned that I was going to come up with my own similar list.

Now compiling this list was a little weird, as it is an indication of a life left behind. As I don't believe in heaven or hell, it's not like I'll be sitting in the afterlife thinking, "I really miss reading." But as I do believe in reincarnation, I suppose this list is more of the things that I do or don't want to experience in my next human life. It didn't take me long to finalize my list but I decided to hold off posting until it felt right. It now feels right.

So here's what I came up with:

What I Won’t Miss:
What I Will Miss:
Pantyhose
Friends and family
Hair removal (i.e., shaving, waxing, etc.)
Lotta, the wonder cat
House cleaning
My Mr. Darcy (been missing for 4 yrs & counting)
Sorting socks
Reading
Bras
Sunrises/Sunsets
Bridal showers
Spring
Baby showers
Fall
Funerals
Pride and Prejudice (book and movie)
Bills
Walking in a park
Tears
Chai tea lattes
Pain
Laughter
Cruelty of people
Movies
Winter/snow
Massages
Technology
Manis/Pedis
Lies and Liars
Chocolate croissants...or just chocolate
Fox News
Music

I also decided to come up with a list of regrets. Things that I never had a chance to experience in this life and regretfully will never have the opportunity:

Regrets:
Never had a long-term romantic relationship
Never performed on a Broadway stage
Never completed my bucket list
Never got married (I mean the ceremony)
Never got a chance to meet Colin Firth, Ralph Fiennes, or Kenneth Branagh
Never really been kissed (romantics will understand what I mean here)


No comments: