Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Music Doesn't Lie - Part 33 (Lego House)

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world,
then it can only happen through music
." – Jimi Hendrix

After watching last night's episode of The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, I have a favorite new singer-songwriter, Ed Sheeran. If you have never heard of this musician, let me enlighten you: 

Born 17 February 1991, Sheeran is an English singer-songwriter. A multi-talented musician, Sheeran sings and play guitar, BOSS Loop Pedal RC-30, percussion, piano, and violin. "Raised in Framlingham, Suffolk, he moved to London in 2008 to pursue a musical career. In early 2011, Sheeran released an independent extended play, No. 5 Collaborations Project, which caught the attention of both Sir Elton John and Jamie Foxx. His 2011 debut album, +, containing the singles "The A Team" and "Lego House", was certified quintuple platinum in the United Kingdom. In 2012, he won two BRIT Awards for Best British Male and British Breakthrough" (Wikipedia). In 2012, he started becoming known here in the U.S. (except by me). He appeared on Taylor Swift's 4th album (not that I would know that - I don't have any Taylor Swift albums) and he has written music for One Direction. Additionally, he spent much of 2013 touring with Swift as her opening act.

For the first time in a long time, I learned about this artist fairly early on in his career. He has released only 1 studio album (+) with the second, x (read as multiply) scheduled to be released on June 23, 2014. I'm very impressed with this artist's music and love the songs that I've been ferreting out. "The A Team" tells the story of a young crack-addicted prostitute (video). It is hauntingly beautiful. Sheeran performed "Sing" last night on Fallon, which is the first release from his second album and has a kick ass video.  I love, love this song.  The end credits of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug features Sheeran's "I See Fire". I'm excited for the new release and can't wait to hear the entire album.

The song I'm featuring is from his first album, + - "Lego House". The video features an appearance by Rupert Grint ("Ron Weasley" in the Harry Potter movies) who plays Sheeran's doppelganger.  It's kind of freaky how much these two look alike. It's an awesome video. Also, I really love the lyrics to this song.
   

No comments: