Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Step 1 Completed - Flights Booked!

The first step toward taking my 2 month Grand Tour of Europe has been accomplished: flights are booked! Now the trip feels a little more real. While I knew that I was taking this step of traveling until I couldn't travel anymore, it seemed like a dream -- that is until I booked the flights.

Officially, I am leaving on Monday, October 20 and returning Saturday, December 20. I will be starting my tour in Edinburgh, Scotland and finishing in Athens, Greece. Tentatively, I've planned out the rest of my trip (see photo below), but all destinations are subject to change at my whim. Technically, I will be gone for 61 days, but only have about 40 days of travel actually planned. I may need to add a stop or two to my plans. Any suggestions?

Yes, this trip is really happening. Additionally, I have completed a couple of other minor steps for this trip: purchased a new backpack, walking shoes, and a few other necessities. But the purchase of the plane tickets guarantees that I cannot turn back now - nor do I want to turn back. There is still so much to do before I leave, but I am just that much closer.

9 comments:

Tom said...

I was wondering when you were going to clue me in on when the world tour would begin.

Sandi said...

Well, I knew it would be somewhere mid-Oct. I just hadn't finalized the actual dates.

Lee said...

Send me a postcard from anywhere!! I can not wait to see the pictures!! <3

Jodi said...

Super exciting!!! Will Phyllis still be in Greece then??

Tom A. said...

Lourdes in the French Pyrennes
Mont San Michel

Sandi said...

Lee, you got it. Jodi, I don't think Phyllis will still be in Greece in December. I think she's only there until October. Tom, Mont St Michel is already on the schedule as a side trip from Paris and I have no interest in Lourdes.

Phyllis said...

This is exciting news!

Donna said...

So happy your ticket is booked!
Love you Sandi! Exciting and invigorating!

Christy said...

Yay!