Monday, August 4, 2014

2nd 30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 22 - 10 Random Songs

Woot, we've hit the topic that I've been wanting to do since I first read the list of challenges: "Put your music on shuffle and post the first ten songs."

This task is fantastic! With nearly 7000 songs on my iPod Touch, I cannot wait to see what will randomly come up. I've got nearly every genre of music on my Touch from classical music to pop to rock to electronica to Broadway to movie soundtracks and I don't know what else. I am certain there is music on my Touch that I've completely forgotten is on there. This list of songs could end up being the weirdest playlist ever.

Let's see what comes up when shuffling all this music...
  1. "Air (Dublinesque)" from the Movin' Out soundtrack (Billy Joel and Twyla Tharp musical) (instrumental)
  2. "You Got It" by Bonnie Raitt from Boys on the Side soundtrack (lyrics)
  3. "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg from the album The 100 Greatest Classical Masterpieces of All Time (instrumental)
  4. "New York State of Mind" by Billy Joel from the album Turnstiles (lyrics)
  5. "A Better Place to Be" by Harry Chapin from the album Greatest Stories Live (lyrics)
  6. "Boy from New York City" by The Flirtations from the album Live: Out on the Road (lyrics)
  7. "Way Out West" sung by Judy Kaye from the musical Babes in Arms (lyrics)
  8. "History Repeating" by Shirley Bassey from her Greatest Hits album (lyrics)
  9. "Mad About You" by Belinda Carlisle from the album Belinda (lyrics)
  10. "Why We Like Spelling" from the cast album of the musical The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (lyrics)
Yep, just what I figured, a really weird playlist, but filled with music that I love. I forgot how great Bonnie Raitt's cover of the Roy Orbison tune is and Harry Chapin has always been a favorite of mine. He was such a great storyteller and like so many musicians, he died way too young! Funny enough, this task gave me two more songs to add to my catharsis playlist so it was not a complete waste of 45 minutes or so of my life.

Coming tomorrow, Day 23: "A letter to someone, anyone" (Oh, boy, so many people to choose from!!)

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Very diverse list. Here are mine.

Ten random songs

1). Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello
2). Ramblin' Man - Allman Brothers
3). Amarillo By Morning - George Strait
4). Blue Moon on Monday - Duran Duran
5). Your Bird Can Sing - Beatles
6). Wish I Didn't Know - Toby Keith
7). A Girl Like You - Smithereens
8). Someday Someway - Marshall Crenshaw
9). Misty Mountain Hop - Led Zeppelin
10). Everything - Michael Buble