Tuesday, August 12, 2014

2nd 30 Day Writing Challege: Day 30 - The Month's Highs and Lows

Whew, made it!  It's the final day of the writing challenge: "Your highs and lows for the month".

Hmmmm... So here's an interesting conundrum. Because I am an educator, I spent a good portion of the past 30 days sitting on my couch reading, or going out for walks, or shopping, etc. It's kind of hard to actually have highs and lows with a schedule like that. Therefore, my highs and lows are pretty pathetic, but what I can do. If I had to complete this list during the school year, it would be so much more dramatic.

Highs:

  • Spending the day hanging out with a colleague/friend "lesson planning" (code word for bullshitting, going out for lunch and dinner, and gossiping)
  • Getting my classroom ready for the new school year (yes, I consider this a high point)
  • Reading for pleasure (what can I say, I'm a nerd)

Lows:

  • A day spent in bed because I was feeling under the weather
  • Spending money I don't actually have on setting up my classroom
  • Knowing that I did zero work and therefore am totally ill-prepared for the new school year

 See - pathetic, but I'm okay with that.

I've reached the end of this challenge and had a ton of fun doing it. It was kind of nice for someone else to decide what I should write about. Maybe I'll make it an every 2-year event, or maybe not.

Ciao for now.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Highs and lows for the month:

Lows- this back injury. Definitely a downer.

Highs - reading the submissions by these select Smith cousins and the comments to those submissions. I feel as though we have reconnected through this exercise. The miles may separate us but the droll, sarcastic, snarky outlook on life, love and the world in general that we share will always bind us, like Gorilla Glue. There is a comfort in that. Love you both. Tom, I hope to see you in Phoenix soon and Sandi we must go to Fenway for a Yankees game next summer.

Sandi said...

Seriously, cousin, you need to get out more if reading and answering these submissions are your high points for the month. ;-) Kidding! I agree, it's been great getting a chance to reconnect. MIss and love you too. xoxo <3