Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Change in Plans - Sadly (GART)

Early this morning, I had to come to the difficult decision to cut short my road trip. After hours of extreme pain which no medication could seem to alleviate (leading me to a pain-induced vomit fest), I decided that I needed to head home. I'm hoping that once I'm home, the doctor can stabilize my symptoms. Then, hopefully after a couple weeks of rest, I can fly to California, in order to visit friends and see the sites of Los Angeles and San Francisco. Yes, flying is a cheat, but I can't make that cross country trip again. My intention is to drive back to Philadelphia, but if it turns out to be too much, I'll stop at the nearest airport and fly the rest of the way home. How my car will get back to Philly with that scenario I have no clue.

But before heading home, I plan on visiting two more sites. Tomorrow, my plan is to visit the Four Corners Monument and then head to the Grand Canyon for the day. These sites are just too close to not to make a visit. I think I can push through another day or so before heading back East. I've decided not to go to the pueblo as planned today, so that I can spend the morning resting my aching weary body.

These turns of events are a disappointment. I really wanted to finish this road trip, but I didn't count on my body breaking down so fast. Perhaps I've pushed it too much over the past couple of months. It's been fun so far, but for the past few days, it's also be extremely painful. I suspect it's only to get worse. Let's hope that after a couple of weeks rest, I can continue with my travels. Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Judy said...

So sorry Sandi. Safe travel home. Love you. Judy

Jennifer said...

Sandy, I'm sorry to hear how sick you're feeling. This sucks. But hopefully they can get the pain managed and you will be back to traveling again soon.
xo

Unknown said...

Are you going to come visit? I miss you...