Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Universal Studios and Resort - Days 2-3 (GART - Stop 6)

Greetings from the Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal. My brother and I just completed our third full day at Universal and are we exhausted? You betcha, but it was a fabulous three days and highly recommended.  

Not much more to report than what I mentioned the other day: Wizarding World of Harry Potter - both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley - do not disappoint even upon seeing it over and over and over again! It is just the most amazing display of fiction come to life. As for the rest of the parks, we rode almost every ride with the exception of a few that Tom was concerned would injure his bad back, so alas they were skipped. In addition to the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, my favorite rides were: Men in Black Alien Attack (I kicked some alien butt!), Shrek 4D (got sneezed on by Donkey), The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride (yes, it's a kid's ride, but really, really cute!), and Revenge of the Mummy (fabulous roller coaster).

Does Tom need AA?
Let me say that I love traditional roller coasters. I've never gotten sick on one and think they are hilariously fun. But with the new virtual roller coasters, I find that they affect my stomach worse than traditional roller coasters. There has been no vomiting, but I can't quite figure out why my tummy finds these rides to be harder than traditional roller coasters. Maybe it's the combination of vertigo along with the movement. Hmmm. More research is necessary. Good thing I'm hitting a few more theme parks in the next few months.

I'm very excited for this evening's plan. Tonight, we will travel down the road to see one of my dearest friends perform in a play (To Kill a Mockingbird) at the Orlando Shakespeare Theatre. Excitement abounds!

Check out my photos from Days 2-3 at Universal (there are only 18) at my GART photo site. Tomorrow, we're off to Disney World!
Sitting on Mayzie's egg in Seuss Landing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Courtney would steal your hat if she could! :) Glad to see that you're having fun in the sun!!! :D
-Elise