Thursday, May 15, 2014

Leaving a Legacy...

Everyone wants to be remembered and to feel that they have contributed something to the world. For some, this desire can be a driving force, leading to great accomplishments and extraordinary contributions to mankind. Others have more modest goals as to how they will leave their imprint on the world. For many people, having offspring is their source of a lasting legacy. Some leave behind a long list of artistic accomplishments - visual, performing, etc. Still others will leave the world the works of good deeds, medical advances, or technological accomplishments. 

Due to my medical woes, I was contemplating what legacy I will leave behind when I move onto the next great adventure. Let's see: I don't have children, no lasting artistic accomplishments (save one poorly sold album), no medical or technological accomplishments, etc. Therefore, I started racking my brain for what my legacy will be. I came to the realization that this blog is the sum total of my legacy. After my demise, I fully intend for this blog to remain in the cloud for all to read, but then I started thinking "Is this blog a good representation for my lasting legacy?" I reviewed many of my posts and I came to the following conclusion: this blog is exactly me and the perfect testimony for my life. 

Why do I say this? There are several reasons. My thoughts, beliefs, and interests have been well documented here. My postings run the gamut from different types of music to some sound advice. There are interesting and entertaining topics. It's occasionally funny and incredibly smart. Sounds exactly like me and my life. Therefore, I will go out with my head held high that at the very least I can leave my mark (small and inconsequential as it is) on the world.

Have you considered what your legacy will be? 

To add to my legacy, I'm posting a video of a song from the aforementioned poorly sold album, Queen Bee. This video is the second that I've created and posted (see this previous post) from the album. The song is "Chanson" from the Stephen Schwartz musical, The Baker's Wife (lyrics)!

No comments: