Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cracker Jack Prizes are Awesome These Days!

...Or at least I assume that's where people are receiving their driver's licenses.  Goodness knows they cannot be getting them after taking a road test or going through driver's education, right?  I know I haven't really driven all that much in the past 17 years due to living in NYC, but I honestly don't remember drivers being this bad. Perhaps I just didn't notice it way back when. I've given up being mad about it because I'd be furious every time I had to drive anywhere.  I usually just heave a heavy sigh, shake my head and laugh.  Apparently the driving basics have all been forgotten - fundamental rules such as using turn signals, stopping at stop signs or turning on headlights in the pouring rain.  Probably the most annoying thing I've noticed: drivers who come to a complete halt at a yield sign, particularly when they are attempting to get onto the highway and they don't bother to use the acceleration lane that is there specifically for that purpose.  ARGH!  Of course, my favorite recent driving moment was the 21 year old little pisher who decided at the last minute that she needed to make a right hand turn while in the left hand lane (I was in the right hand lane), cutting me off and causing me to ram her passenger side door.  You just shake your head and exchange insurance information.

I've decided to go to the grocery story and buy as many boxes of Crack Jack I can find.  If you can get a driver's license in one, who knows what else might be found!!!  Plus it's a yummy snack.


 
Here's one of my all-time favorite George Carlin clips on driving.  Ahhh, George!  I miss you so!



No comments: