Friday, September 23, 2011

Autumn in New England...


On my drive to work today, I noticed that a few of the trees had started to change into their fall colors and it put a smile on my face. I had nearly forgotten how beautiful autumn can be. Autumn in the Big Apple is nearly non-existent. New York City goes from blazing hot summer to frigid winter with about 2 or 3 days of fall weather. If you want to see the changing of the leaves, you have rent a car and drive either upstate or to New England. Or you could keep checking out Central Park for the very brief fall foliage that the City has to offer. I believe it occurs some time in late October in a 20 minute time span but don't blink because you might just miss it. 

With the leaves starting to change and the air filled with a crispness that you can almost taste, it reminds me of the heady days of my youth and I long to go apple picking or on a hay ride.  Oh, my - I've gone native! I've never been a big fan of summer or winter - spring and autumn have always been my favorite seasons (sweater weather!). I cannot wait to see New England in its full leaf changing glory and walking through piles of leaves on the ground. One of the advantages of not being a home owner is enjoying the falling leaves because I don't have to rake them. 

Sing it Edith...

I couldn't decided which version of this
gorgeous song to use, but I figured
you can't get much better than Piaf!



No comments: