Sunday, January 18, 2015

Betty White is a Goddess...

The incomparable Betty White turned 93 yesterday. Yep, you read correctly - 93! And the woman is still going strong. If you haven't seen the recent reports, to celebrate Betty's birthday, there was a hula flash mob (video) on the set of Hot in Cleveland. I don't really watch the show much, but when I do, it's Betty White who steals the show every time. Ms. White has had a career which spans 8 decades and shows no signs of ending any time soon!

But I didn't always have a love of Ms. White. Truth be told, when I was growing up, I honestly wasn't much of a fan of hers. Maybe it was because when I watched Mary Tyler Moore Show in the 70s, I couldn't stand the character Ms. White portrayed (Sue Ann Nivens) and being very young when that show was on, I couldn't separate the actor from the character. As I got older, I definitely learned to appreciate how talented and funny this actress is. From the ditzy Rose Nyland in The Golden Girls to her hilarious hosting Saturday Night Live to the hip and conniving 'Gammy' in The Proposal, Ms. White can play it all. One of my favorite Betty White projects is the Super Bowl Snickers commercial from 2010 (video), which still cracks me up. (Plus the appearance of Abe Vigoda is classic!)

Below is one of the funniest interviews I've ever watched - Betty White and Ellen DeGeneres. Worth every second!
Here's hoping that Betty has another 93 years ahead of her!  Happy birthday, Ms. White!!

No comments: