Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Three Month Checkup... (A Cancer Update)

Here's the latest on the cancer front:

As I mentioned a couple of weeks back, I needed to get an MRI to check to see if there were brain metastases because of a never-ending headache. In addition to the MRI, it was time for my 3 month cancer check and another CT to see what was going on with the lung nodules.  Saturday, February 22nd, I had an MRI of the brain and the following Tuesday, on the 25th, I had the CT of the chest and abdomen. Today, I met with the oncologist and got the results.

Good news all around.  The lung nodules are currently stable and have not grown. The MRI shows that there are no metastases in the brain. The only problem remaining is that I have no idea what is causing my now 37-day persistent headache.

Next steps:  Go to the eye doctor for a checkup. Perhaps the headache is eye strain because my prescription has changed. If that's not the problem, then it's on to a neurologist to see what might be causing the headaches. Of course, my brother thinks he knows the solution to my headache: "I think I know what the headaches are from. Students. It's my non-professional opinion and belief that you are allergic to stupid students. I know I have a similar reaction to children, stupid people and commitment. I break out in the punching of faces. It's a muscular tick."  He may be onto something, except I don't really have any stupid students.

As for the cancer portion of my medical issues, it's another three month wait until the next check on the lung nodules.

No comments: