Tuesday, December 17, 2013

&*#@ SNOW!!!!!

While falling tonight on the snow covered ice - twice, I started wondering: "Why the f*** do I live in fecking New England!?!?" As my area prepares for its second significant amount of snow in the past 3 days (and it's only December), I've seriously started to rethink my choice of location. Eight to nine months out of the year, I love where I live, but then winter hits and I am miserable. I hate winter, I hate the cold, I hate the snow! 

Well that's not entirely true. I like snow - if I'm sitting on my couch, watching it fall prettily and don't have to drive in it, shovel it, or walk in it. But otherwise, I'd be happy if I never saw another flake in my life. Whatever happened to global warming? Everyone grab a few aerosol cans and let's warm up this world.

Also, I wish someone could explain how it is that I live in a state that gets copious amounts of snow almost every winter but doesn't have the faintest clue about how to clear the shit off the roads! I've spent the past two days, white-knuckling my way around the area because there's still way too much snow and ice all over the place. Perhaps Massachusetts can take lessons from Alaska, Colorado, or Michigan on how to deal with the stuff. Yeah, I'm starting to think San Diego might need a good English teacher... or perhaps, Key West... or, how about New Zealand?

In the meanwhile, I will dream of warm, sunny days and hope that this winter is a mild one.  Fecking snow!

5 comments:

Tom said...

I second that emotion. I'm telling you. One more f***** up s***** winter and I'm f****** moving to Phoenix Arizona gods damnit. I have my first ex-wife to blame. If the b**** didn't badger me to move to New York I would still be living in Florida.

Sandi said...

Well, I know I wouldn't be living in FL b/c I don't like FL. But I really should have thought this move through a little better, but I was lulled by the beauty of the north shore.

Marianne said...

62 in El Paso, just saying.

Sandi said...

Vicious woman. I'd move there, but I don't like Texas politics. :-)

Tom said...

I'd move there but the Mexican drug cartel told me to never set foot in Texas.