Friday, August 1, 2014

2nd 30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 19 - My First Love

As the days are flying by, we are up to Day 19: "Discuss your first love."

There's something to be said about a pair of pretty eyes. At the age of 27, I finally moved out of my parents' house and immediately fell in love with some eyes. One day, as I was driving, a sign at the side of a road stopped me. I stepped out of the car, saw a pair of beautiful eyes, and fell in love. Then my love spoke: "Meow." I was immediately hooked and had to bring this handsome boy home. The sign that stopped me said simply enough: "Free kittens."

I grew up with tons of pets as I mentioned yesterday, but this adorable ball of fur was the first pet that was all mine. Growing up, our house had 'family' pets, therefore, the dog, cat, bird, fish, etc. was not specifically mine.

I proudly brought this little fur face home and we bonded immediately. It took me a couple of weeks to name him because I wanted to make sure the name was perfect. Well, in the end he ended up naming himself. One night, we were sitting on my couch watching Disney's Aladdin, and the only time my little kitty paid attention to the movie was when Jasmine's pet tiger had any screen time. That tiger's name was Rajah. I looked down at the this sweet-faced kitten and said "Rajah" and he mewed. Sold! Unfortunately, after spending 5 years together, I moved to an apartment where pets were not allowed, so I had to find a new home for my Rajah. Fortunately, a friend of a friend was looking for a cat, so Rajah found a new loving home.
My sweet, Rajah.
I chose to write about my first 4-legged love because my first and only 2-legged love was unrequited and I refuse to share the story in detail. That tale remains painfully in my heart.

Tomorrow, Day 20: 3 Celebrity Crushes (Oooooh, which 3 to choose!)

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Aw, that was adorable