Sunday, July 27, 2014

2nd 30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 14 - Utterly Re-watchable Movies

It's Day 14 of the writing challenge:  "Post your favorite movies that you never get tired of watching."

Oooooh, fun! Finally a topic that doesn't make me want to punch someone in the face.

I love movies and I love finding movies that I can watch over and over again. I re-watch movies for varying reasons, usually to either make me laugh, make me cry, or to fire me up. I decided to break my list into the following four categories: Comedies (movies that make me laugh every time), Dramas (either tear jerkers or ass kicking movies), Epics (movies or series of movies that you need to set aside a certain amount of time to enjoy), and finally, Animated (something for the kid in all of us). They're listed in alphabetical order.

Comedies

Dramas

Epics

Animated

There are quite a few others that I love and re-watch, but these are my top choices. Now that I've listed them, I may need to watch some of them today.

Tomorrow's subject (Day 15): Bullet point your day (get ready for boredom)

8 comments:

Jessie said...

Great list! The directors cut of Amadeus is on Amazon Prime right now! One of my favorites :-)

Sandi said...

Seriously?!?!? Too cool. It sounds like the perfect Sunday movie.

Jessie said...

It includes deleted scenes, I was blown away since I've seen the "other" version a billion times lol.

Marianne said...

Very good list. I knew this challenge would be right up your alley.

Marianne said...

This was easy for me. While I will watch pretty much anything, being a chick, the movies that I watch repeatedly are mostly goofy or corny love stories some with great soundtracks. My favs in no particular order:

The Newman/Redford Collection:
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Sting
The Great Gatsby
The Way We Were
Cool Hand Luke
The Young Philadelphians

Twice is nice. Both the original and the remake:
A Star is Born
State Fair
The Parent Trap
Sabrina
Wuthering heights - 1939 and 1992 versions
Hairspray

The 50's:
Roman Holiday
Pillow Talk
Rebel Without a Cause
An Affair to Remember
A Summer Place
Gidget

The 60's:
Where the Boys Are
A Hard Days Night
Help
Palm Springs Weekend
The Trouble With Angels
Where Angels Go Trouble a Follows
Splendor in the Grass

The 70's:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Carrie
Grease
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
American Graffiti
The Warriors
Love Story
The Buddy Holly Story

The 80s:
Urban Cowboy
Mystic Pizza
The Outsiders
Top Gun
Dirty Dancing
The Lost Boys
The Big Chill

The 90s:
Hope Floats
Practical Magic
Sleepless in Seattle
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Tombstone

The 2000s:
Across the Universe
Almost Famous
The Flintstones, Viva a Rock Vegas
About a Boy
Love Actually
St. Trinian's

The Sports Collection:
Slapshot
61
Eight Men Out
Bull Durham
Aspen Extreme
North Shore
Fever Pitch (despite that it is about the Red Sox, boo hiss).

And honorable mention go to silly surf movies with Frankie and Annette and those horrible Elvis flicks but he was so handsome. How can I ever get tired of watching him?

Sandi said...

Nice list. There's a bunch on your list that's part of my longer list. Sabrina, Parent Trap, Eight Men Out and a few others.

Marianne said...

I think it takes guts to admit to repeatedly watching the Parent Trap movies. LOL!

Sandi said...

LOL. True 'dat.