Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Latest Cancer Update...

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, today is the day that I received my latest CT results.  There is (mostly) good news:

While I am not "cancer free", the nodules that remain have been severely reduced. There is one nodule (a 3mm sized one) that has not changed since treatment began which means that it's probably benign. The other nodules have been reduced from the September scan by about 60%.  A 5mm nodule is now 2mm, etc. 

What this means moving forward is that in 3 months, I will go for another CT scan and we will see if there is any growth. If so, the doctor would recommend a new course of treatment or a clinical trial. I, of course, will weigh my options and decide whether or not to move forward with any treatment. Meanwhile, it's a waiting game.  

Quite frankly, I'm fine with not having to deal with or mention cancer for 3 months. I'm kind of over the whole "I'm a cancer patient" thing. It's truly annoying. So as Andy Dufresne (played by Tim Robbins) said in one of my all-time favorite movies, The Shawshank Redemption: "Get busy living, or get busy dying." 


15 comments:

Lee said...

Good news, my friend! So happy for you....whoop whoop! Time to celebrate. Love ya ♥♡♥

Sandi said...

Thanks, my friend. I did treat myself to a Starbucks run today - Chai tea and a blueberry scone. :-)

Steven said...

i was afraid to read this....so glad the news was good!

Becky said...

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Jodi said...

Awesome!!!! Plan that trip to visit me!!!!!

Sandi said...

It's on my list, Jod-ster. Probably spring or summer ... as you get 9,000 inches of snow each winter. ;-)

Jodi said...

Oh sure !!! ;-) But summer is best for pool use!!!!! Xo

Marianne said...

Brilliant news! So happy to hear it.

Maureen said...

So glad to hear your good news! xoxo

Jennifer said...

Wonderful! Hugs from me and Tina!

Stacie said...

<3!!! "Get busy living or get busy dying. That's God damn right." -Red (me & Morgan Freeman)

Franka said...

Great news my darling. I'm so happy to read this. Love you.

Vivian said...

Hugs and kisses and with a big :-)

Tom said...

Well get busy living. We'll have to get together when you Come into NYC. I'll come up to town.

Terry said...

Have been sooo hoping for good news! Happy to hear the update my friend. BTW, if the cold weather starts getting you down, you have a standing invitation to come play with me in lalaland. Just sayin'. Love you!